Project Management Foundations
Project management is a set of techniques that anyone can apply to achieve goals and make projects more successful. Project management can be used to guide small, simple projects as well as complex enterprise-wide initiatives. Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from establishing project goals and objectives and building a project plan to managing resources and work, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for communicating, holding meetings, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance. This course provides exercises for most videos based on a healthcare/IT case study project.
- Identify the definition of project management.
- Explore the similarities and differences between traditional and agile project management.
- Determine how organizational structure affects projects.
- Explore the fundamentals of analyzing project stakeholders.
- Examine the best ways to identify a project goal.
- Determine the best ways to choose a strategy.
- Examine strategies to gather requirements.
- Identify the fundamentals of developing a project budget.
- Distinguish the best ways to craft a quality plan.
- Conclude the best steps to take when determining the processes for procuring resources.
1. Get to Know Project Management
2. First Things First
- Initiate a project
- Identify project stakeholders
- Analyze project stakeholders
- Identify the project goal
- Define project objectives
- Choose a strategy
- Gather requirements
- Identify project deliverables and success criteria
- Identify project assumptions and risks
- Prepare a project scope statement
- Create a project charter
3. Develop a Project Plan
- Project planning overview
- What is a work breakdown structure?
- Build a work breakdown structure
- How to create work packages
- Estimate time and cost
- How to choose the best estimate
- Create a resource management plan
- Build a project schedule
- Develop a project budget
- Identify risks
- Create a risk management plan
- Set up a communication plan
- Develop a quality plan
- How to set up a change management plan
- How to plan procurement
- Processes for procuring resources
- How to obtain approval to proceed
4. Build a Project Schedule
5. An Overview of Agile Project Management
6. While You Run the Project
7. Work with Teams
8. Monitor and Control Progress and Performance
9. Close a Project
0.00 average based on 0 ratings