Android Development Essential Training: Your First App with Kotlin
Explore the world of Android app development. The Android Development Essential Training series walks beginners through the process of developing, designing, managing, and distributing Android apps. In this course—the first installment in the series—David Gassner steps through how to create your very first Android app using a mixture of programming languages, including XML and Kotlin. Learn how to configure Android Studio, the Android SDK, and emulator software, and explore the different files in a typical Android app, including build scripts and the app manifest file. Finally, learn how an app is built from the bottom up, with screens, activities, and layouts. Check out later courses in the series to continue building your app development skills.
- Installing Android Studio
- Creating your first Android Studio project
- Managing configuration files, including Gradle scripts
- Defining screens with activities
- Implementing designs in XML layouts
1. Android Development Fundamentals
2. Getting Started
3. Explore Android Projects
4. Android App Architecture
- Define screens with activities
- Implement designs in XML layouts
- Use the View and ViewGroup components
- Display an image in an activity
- Convert PNG and SVG image files
- Start new activities with intents
- Send an action to a new activity
- Send data URIS and extras with intents
- Handle shared data with an intent filter
0.00 average based on 0 ratings
More Courses You Might Like
Learn how to promote your business effectively online and develop a targeted online marketing strategy that engages potential customers throughout the digital landscape. . .
Knowing how to code and manage relational databases and database-driven applications is a valuable skill for any career in tech. . .
Explore the world of Android app development. The Android Development Essential Training series. . .