Business Writing Principles
Discover the secrets to effective business writing and crafting messages that others want to read and act on. Judy Steiner-Williams, the senior lecturer at Kelley School of Business, introduces you to the 10 Cs of strong business communication and provides you with before-and-after writing samples that give you the opportunity to apply each principle and sharpen your communication skills. Judy also points out common grammar and writing mistakes and shares special considerations for formats like emails and reports.
- Define business writing.
- Describe how to make your writing concise and complete.
- Identify the elements of a clear message.
- List examples of concrete requests.
- Use a writing process to avoid common errors.
- Address common grammatical and punctuation errors.
- Identify special considerations for emails, reports, and memos.
1. Improving Your Business Writing
- Understanding business writing
- Introducing the 10 Cs of business writing
- Making your writing complete
- Making your writing concise
- Making your writing clear
- Making your writing conversational
- Making your writing correct
- Making your writing coherent
- Making your writing credible
- Making your writing concrete
- Making your writing courteous
- Making your writing considerate
- Practicing by writing more
2. Honing Your Writing Skills over Time
0.00 average based on 0 ratings